Although local SEO and traditional SEO has a lot of similarities, it is completely distinct from one another in terms of target customers. For instance, when indulging in local search engine optimization, one always need to consider the geography because proximity or nearness to a searcher is the most important factor that influences a website’s local search engine ranking.
An entrepreneur is probably missing out on great opportunities if his business doesn’t appear on the results even when a consumer performs searches on the basis of location. Well, hiring a local SEO expert can easily fix this issue. Although it may take time, the results generated would surely be optimal.
In the following write-up, let us explore some of the tips that would build your brand image and allow your business to win more customers as well as muster more profits.
OPTIMIZE YOUR WEBSITE
- It is essential that you define your location strategy. The multi-practitioner sectors do follow techniques absolutely different from a home-based business.
- Make sure to create a home, contact and about page on the website. On the ‘contact us’ page, add NAP (name, address and phone number) for each business location. Suppose a company carries out work in more than 10 places, add all the addresses in the footer section.
- In case you do not wish to publicize the address of your company, at least provide all the phone numbers so that potential customers could communicate with you when necessary.
- Check that all the NAP entries are consistent wherever they are mentioned on the website.
- You can add a Google Map so that customers could locate you without any sort of hassle. For further optimization, one can incorporate a ‘Schema structured data markup’.
- Fill all the necessary columns in GMB or Google My Business page and verify the site.
OPTIMIZE THE CONTENT
It is essential to integrate quality and engaging contents because they attract links, which in turn influences the website ranks.
- Organizations offering services of Affordable local SEO in India stated that for maximum brand exposure a company needs to have a reliable content strategy and be mindful regarding accessibility.
- Change the meta descriptions and title tags by adding localized keywords. For example, instead of Third Wave Coffee Shops, write Third Wave Coffee Shops, New York.
- Enhance the contents of static texts and blogs by semantically modifying the keywords. Suppose your business is about selling properties in New York. So, apart from offering information on the homes, you should also provide substantial contents on what one can do near those homes.
- Plagiarism should be avoided at all costs. Try to be as original as possible and include images as well as videos.
- Utilize Moz Local to clear all the duplicate listings. Also get rid of duplicate contents (if any) as they might hurt SEO ranks.
Suppose your company offers services in multiple locations, it is viable to have one website that would be able to house all of them.
- Make sure to promote your business, in accordance with each location.
- Arrange events in all the business locations.
- Write particular blog posts providing suggestions that apply to specific places and seasons. Ensure that all the write-ups are user-friendly.
- Create a calendar that would allow you to plan all your contents and use Google trends so that you are updated with all the ongoing modifications.
Citations are partial references to your website and NAP.
- Incorporate either manual or automatic citations. You can easily regulate the former but managing these could be somewhat tedious if you decide to re-brand. Automatic citations could save the time as well as effort but they do not provide much control.
- Companies providing search engine marketing services stated that it is better to seek professional assistance from a third party provider such as Whitespark, Yext, MozLocal, BrightLocal, and Advice Local.
CUSTOMER REVIEWS AND SOCIAL SHARING
- Exploit positive customer reviews by posting them on the website. List the businesses on Foursquare, Bing Places, Yelp and Zagat.
THE REAL WORLD
- Listing business on Google My Business (GMB) is of absolute significance because it can have a great impact on your website ranks.
- Select a business listing management tool such as Localhub or Acxiom My Business to optimize your brand all across the web.
- Also, make sure to invest in tools of review management like ChatMeter, BirdEye, Review Trackers so that you are immediately notified whenever a consumer comment regarding your business.
- Do not get tempted even if you get negative appraisals. Be prepared to respond to all of them.
- Create a powerful social media strategy. At first detect the social media channels, which are most popular with modern-day consumers. Claim a business profile on all the major outlets like Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google Plus, Instagram, etc.
- Localize the social media platforms and add their links to your site. Also get the listings verified here.
- Add photos and quality as well as user-friendly contents on the sites.
- Track and evaluate the rankings. Also, perform a site audit to make sure that there are no red flags.
- According to a reputed local SEO marketing company, one can expect to get the best possible results if and only you remember to hire proficient employees and offer them adequate training.
- Anticipate problems and prepare solutions beforehand.
- Know all the staff members by holding regular meetings. Appreciate their efforts and provide strategies to avoid problems.
- Local SEO is not only confined to the internet. You can also use newspapers, flyers, radios, and television for promotion.
- Do whatever it takes to be the best before larger segments of the population.
From the aforementioned discussion, we can fairly conclude that Local SEO does have many such elements, which are not included when we speak of search engine optimization in general. With the help of the stated checklist, your website would be optimized, you can reach more customers and have more returns on investments (ROIs).